Top of page
Aims and Objectives
WRSAC Aims: -
- To relieve the distress of women and teenage girls who have experienced or are experiencing sexual abuse and sexual violence and/or domestic abuse and support all victims to access appropriate services.
- To educate and raise awareness of these issues.
- To train to a professional standard all those that will provide services that further the purposes of the organisation.
WRSAC will achieve these aims by:-
- providing free confidential services for women and teenage girls, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexuality, age and other discriminatory factors, which includes telephone, one-to-one support group work, advocacy and counselling
- providing a telephone support service for supporters/family of survivors
- providing information and advice to other individuals and agencies
- recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
- providing high quality training, support, supervision and continuous professional development for all staff, volunteers and trustees
- delivering training and talks to external agencies in the local community
- monitoring and evaluating all service provision and policies on a continual basis involving the women who use our services, volunteers, staff and other agencies
- identifying areas of unmet need and taking appropriate action
- working with other individuals and agencies to further the aims of WRSAC
- raising funds to meet the needs of the service
- raising awareness about violence against women
- actively challenging the values, beliefs and behaviour which contribute to women’s oppression.